Table of Contents
Juki DLN-415-2 Industrial Sewing Machine
Ask Jacob for training
HIGH SPEED, SINGLE NEEDLE, NEEDLE FEED.
LOCKSTITCH INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE
EQUIPPED WITH AN AUTOMATIC UNDERTRIMMER
State: Functioning, but lacks proper access control/bells and whistles
- Fully clean
Get missing screws for Feed Dog (Potentially feed dog cover screws too) Feed Dog - Screw 1/8-44 L=6.4 * 2 Feed Dog Cover - Screw 11/64-40 L=8 .5 * 2
Get new oil Build new spool holder (Spool rack too) Learn to use+ write documentation
Ideas for future
- Access control, for safety + training reasons'
- We need new boards, however we may need a bigger relay as the standard ones are 10A, and the machine can run up to 13A
* Modern speed controller for motor
* The type of motor we have is a Permanent Split Capacitor motor so we'd need a VFD for best control, a voltage divider could work too but not as well. Not needed, but instead I should adjust the motor so it's easier to run at slow speeds
- Motor brake
- In theory not needed, as the machine only operates when the belt is engaged with the motor, but the motor does keep spinning for a while when off.
- Reverse engineer snipping mechanism
- I'm pretty sure it's just an actuator, and I think the wires are broken out? It should be as simple as sending some juice down the line. We should map that to a button instead of the intended mechanism (Full pedal press)