Set your default GnuPG key pair on OS X 10.9
Let's say that you created more then one key pair. From now on, you would like to use the key with the id 10X01Y07 as your new default or primary key.
- Open up Terminal (Application»Utilities»Terminal)
- TextEdit comes preinstalled on your machine and offeres you a gui but feel free to open following document with a different text editor
open -a TextEdit ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
- Search for the text snippet “default-key”.
- Remove the comments character (#) if needed. Now add your key id. e.g. “default-key 10X01Y07” after default-key
- Save and close the file
- Come back to the Terminal and test your new default key e.g.
gpg --clearsign /Users/fiona/Documents/helloworld.txt
- The following output should confirm your new settings.
Find out more: GnuPG manual
gnupg_thunderbird.txt · Last modified: 2015-10-05 15:55 by 127.0.0.1