Costa's crazy LASER CUTTER project
Building budget laser cutter based on H-bot mechanics suitable for 1.2m long laser tube.
- Draw a bill of material, software, suppliers, people involved.
New workshop activities:
- Design in TinkerCAD - (50% done)
- 3D print parts
- Source parts from BOM, find suitable piece of ply or HPL panel - 1300x1300mm (for 900x900mm cutting envelope) or 1300x1000mm (900x600mm cutting envelope) etc.
- Assemble the mechanics and test it with a laser pointer.
- Build the enclosure and safety switches
G2 workshop activities:
- Install CO2 laser tube
- Connect extraction and watercooling to the cutter
Some updates: It seems to me that we need to make a laser with 90x65x3cm working envelope. It will let us to use standard 4x8ft sheets cut into 6 parts (813x610mm). The Design/CAM software generating the G-codes is - https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb3 The controller will be RAMPS 1.4 to begin with
It turns out that it will be a minimum of 127x83x16cm dimensions (our current one is 125x75x25cm) Check out my super sneaky slant lasertube!
- Costa £100
- Al £50
- Bernie £100
- ww £100