Table of Contents
My day job is as an engineer for Xilinx but I'm also interested in audio and music electronics, RF, sound design and post-lunch naps.
I used to be on IRC but forgot my nick recovery password so now I'm not.
I've been licensed as a radio amateur since 1996 with the callsign GM7WFT. I'm learning CW and would like to get properly started with SOTA.
I'm a Civilian Instructor with the RAF Air Cadets, with roles as Wing STEM coordinator, Squadron Radio officer and Adjutant.
Things I've finished
- Safety socket for reducing the danger of working on high voltage power supplies
Things I'm working on just now:
- An overdrive pedal for guitar that's knocked off from a well known design.
Things I'm thinking about working on:
- 25W class-AB power scaled guitar amp head
- TI SN76477 + SID-based synthesiser module
Did You Know?
- I was the third person in Dundee to see Halley's Comet in 1986
- I am tenuously related to Tim Burton.