Table of Contents
Deus Ex Candelabra Mk I (complete)
- Three cheap RGB LED beads in series
- Cheap IR-remote LED strip controller.
Looks like a child's drawing close up.
Deus Ex Candelabra Mk II
We don't talk about candelabra mk ii. There was no mark ii.
Deus Ex Candelabra Mk III
- 3D printed diffusion tubes? 230 degree head temperature and print slowly (like 1mm3/s?)
- 5 mm convex-topped RGB LEDs in parallel
- Controlled by one of those cheap IR remote things or a wifi-one
Deus Ex Candelabra Mk IV
- Adafruit HUZZAH ESP8266
- Generic SK6812 3535 strip or WS2812 5050 boards
- Firmware from Jason Coon's GitHub (still under active development; need to find approach to program LED arrangement
Magnifier visor light boost
- QX5252F and appropriate inductor
Nana's flickering table lamp
- Few transistors and diodes
- Capacitor provides soft on and off
- Special flickering LEDs with flickering IC in epoxy
- Regular LEDs in series with the flickering ones
Decorative wooden screens
Rationale: to decoratively box in the stuff stored on cupboard at top of stairs
Will use laser cutter to cut 3 mm plywood boards. I need to find settings (e.g. laser power to minimum necessary to cut through) to minimise the scorching/burning off the wood. I need to learn how to focus the laser cutter with my remaining eye.