Table of Contents
Original Prusa i3 MK3s
Miron Zadora is lending his printer to the lab
The printer can be used for printing with PLA or PETG filament, with a 1.75mm diameter.
Other filaments have to be discussed on the mailing list. If you wish to print with ABS then additional ventilation will be required to deal with styrene fumes.
TPU or TPE flexible filaments (such as NinjaFlex) may be used but require use of talcum powder or painters tape on the PEI print surface.
PEI SHEET WILL GET DAMAGED IN CASE YOU PRINT TPU DIRECTLY ON IT!!!
Use of your own filament is only allowed with a previous discussion with other members to prevent usage of low quality or non-suitable filament.
- Do not hack. The 3D printer is a tool, not a project. (This includes installing custom firmware or anything that you may consider upgrading)
- Use material supplied by the lab.
- If you want to use your own material, it must be of good quality and approved before use (post to the members list).
- If you want to use ABS (or other materials which produce fumes) you must relocate the printer to somewhere with good ventilation, flush out the ABS after use and return the printer to its normal place.
- Wait for the bed to cool before attempting to remove a print
- Send an email to the mailing list in advance before doing a long print
- Do not use sharp tools to remove a print from the bed. You could damage the PEI sheet.
- Do not user gcode generated for other printers on this printer
- Do not swap the SD cards between printers
PrusaSlicer - very user friendly, has a simple and an expert mode, suited for new and experienced users alike
If you wish to use a different slicer you can ask on the mailing list. But unless you have a very good reason to use a different one it's advised to stick with the listed options.
The Prusa MK3s will automatically calibrate before every print.
Do not use the calibration option on your own without a previous discussion on the mailing list.
Different materials may require different Z-offsets. If you want to change the Z-offset, make sure to first note down the previous setting and change it back when you're done.
Printer is using an unmodified version of the the original Prusa MK3s firmware. We have no intention of changing this.
Unless you are experienced with 3D printing it is highly recommended that you ask on the mailing list for help with your first few prints.
If you want some guidance here is a perfect quick start guide from Prusa Research: https://www.prusa3d.com/new-user-mk3/
Revo RapidChange nozzles
It's now possible to print more detailed or larger prints as the new nozzles can be quickly unscrewed by hand and swapping them takes less then a minute.
The normal nozzle size is 0.4mm, and is marked with a RED cover. Make sure you have the correct one installed before starting a print and please swap back to 0.4 when you're finished with a differently sized one
We currently have 0.25, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8mm brass nozzles, hopefully hardened ones for abrasive materials will be released later.