Table of Contents
Voron 2.4 r2
Lended to the lab by Jacob Lewis
PLEASE NOTE THIS 3D PRINTER IS A WORK IN PROGRESS; IT IS EXPERIENCING ISSUES AND SHOULD NOT BE USED
Same policy as the Original Prusa i3 MK3s, if your materials are allowed on there, you may use them here.
ABS - While this printer does have a carbon filter making it excellent for ABS, not all the panels have been mounted, stopping it from being sealed, so try to avoid printing ABS just yet.
TPU/TPE - Until a non-pei bed gets purchased, do not print this material as it will damage the PEI coating.
- Do not print until you absolutely know what you're doing, this printer is much more complex than the other two and until it's it fully dialed in things can go wrong
- Do not try to remove any SD cards, prints are uploaded via the web interface
- This printer is designed for hacking, however if you wish to modify it please message Jacob (Jaso55555#3253) before you do anything
- Don't touch the config/tuning/settings unless Jacob has told you to
- Don't use sharp tools on the PEI bed, it will scratch and damage it. If a print is stuck pull it off with pliers, bump it off with the corner of another print/plastic spatula or if it will not come off *VERY CAREFULLY* pull off with snips.
- Use the correct Gcode with this machine, generated with approved slicers.
Before each print the printer will home, Quad gantry level and then home again.
For now when homing you must watch the printer as it lowers to the endstop (Little metal button at back right, position 202,300) as occasionally the nozzle may miss this button causing the printer to be leveled incorrectly
Quad gantry leveling - The printer will sample 4 points across the bed allowing it to orient the flying gantry correctly. This may happen a few times until within tolerance.
If layer shifts are occuring the XY belts may be loose. First check by moving the printhead to the middle of the bed, and trying to move the printhead in diagonal directions. If it does have >0.2mm play, then a belt is loose. Look at the belts on the front sides and see which moves when the printhead gets shaken diagonally, if it moves, tighten the screw on the front of the gantry until there is no longer play. If this does not resolve the problem you are tightening the wrong screw.
The printer is running klipper, along with Fluidd as the web interface.
For now please use SuperSlicer, this is a fork of PrusaSlicer which has builtin presets for the Voron 2.4, setup is basically the same as the Prusa MK3. To setup a connection, go to Printer Settings and click the cog next to the preset at the top right. Use these settings:.
Once you have finished slicing, send the gcode to the web interface by clicking the send to printer button to the right of the Export GCode
You may access the web interface via voron24.hacklab/.
For now please do not start prints unless you are directly supervising the printer. Absolutely never start a print via a VPN. If the web interface is abused it will be put under username and password.
Prints may be found in the Jobs sidebar, and started from there.
To load/unload filament you can either use the web interface, heat the extruder and extrude/retract or use the screen (Filament tab), set the temperature and load/unload slow. DO NOT USE FAST LOAD/UNLOAD, the extruder can't keep up
If something has crashed, use Firmware Restart → Restart Klipper inside the system sidebar. If this does not work try a power cycle.