Table of Contents
The general plan of refurbishment of G1 (the main room) is to make it nicer and more welcoming.
Get the floor done while the lab is closed. Rip almost everything out of G1. Move in only the necessary bits.
- Prep G1 for flooring people
Move everything out of the room (includes clearing the fridge, dishwasher etc.) Remove old linoleum Remove coathanger board - River
- Remove small projector & shelves - Marcin
- Clean floor
Level floor - Costa Call up flooring people and pay final 50% - Marcin
- Remove desk supports
- Remove lino skirting
- Inspect new shiny floor - everyone
- Order/make new tables - Costa
- Find a second sofa
- Find a coffee table
- Find nice chairs
Figure out separator/shelf- Large Ikea Kallax obtained
- Order & hang notice board - Marcin
- Clean up walls
- Paint pipes and radiators and such to match walls
- Figure out better kitchen:
- Move everything into one box
- Only communal cooking allowed for now
- Find (maybe) a designer to help - Marcin
- Research improving ventilation
- Remove wood strip from wall
- How do we organise work to maintain social distancing?
- Should we have a mezzanine?
- Should we get a new projector screen (or fix old one)?
- Project show-off gallery
- Figure out a theme
- Outside hacking space
- Laboratory (mad scientist type)
- Small animal hospital
- Tea house
What are we actually trying to achieve with the design?
- Sensory needs - sound and light control
- Quiet / social retreat space
- Usable for:
- Communal meals
- Watching films
- Soldering / social compatible electronics
How to make G1 Friendly
- Should be a place where you'd feel comfortable recording and playing music, making and showing films, and creating art.
- Place where people want to come back
- Rugs in the lounge area
- Status update - Marcin
- Covering up pipes project
- New heaters?
- Floor: 1602
Some table related stuff
Butterfly latches: Adam Hall 17370C Butterfly latch keepers: Adam Hall 17370K
we need 32 latch+keeper sets for the tables
for “docking” the wheeled divider, we need four latches and eight latch keepers (for the two “docking ports”)
g1_refurbishment.txt · Last modified: 2020-10-25 16:45 by al